02 Mary Brodey – Assistant County Commissioner
I’ve been Guiding in Oxfordshire for over 20 years, first in Otmoor, and then in Cherwell, where I run 1st Adderbury Guides. I was Division Commissioner for Cherwell during the Guiding Centenary, and subsequently became Assistant County Commissioner. My favourite Guiding memory is when I was a Guide myself, in a village near Bristol, travelling to camp with a group of other Guides in the back of a removal lorry, together with the tents and equipment – it would be a real health and safety nightmare today!
Assist and support the County Commissioner
Term of Office
Appointed for a term of 5 years with the possibility of a further term if invited to do so
Responsible to County Commissioner
- Willing to support the aim and objectives of Girlguiding and abide by its policy and rules.
- Good overall knowledge of specialism – including keeping up to date.
- Good organisational skills – including use of equipment (PC’s, phone etc) web & email, alongside managing a personal diary and time.
- Good oral and written communication.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work with information of a confidential or sensitive nature.
- Good communication skills.
- Good team-working skills.
Get in touch with Girlguiding Oxfordshire
County06 November 2019 Event details
22 January 2020 Event details